How do I get a copy of my immunisation record?
You can get a copy of your Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
You can access this through the myGov website using your Medicare online account (Medicare linked service), or by calling the AIR on 1800 653 809 (note that it may take up to 14 days to be sent in the mail). Anyone over the age of 14 years needs to request their own Immunisation History Statement and they can also set-up their own Medicare linked service.
Please note, your Immunisation History Statement may not have your complete record, as it does not keep record of vaccines provided by school programs. What it will have recorded:
- childhood vaccines given since 1 January 1996
- adult vaccines given since 30 September 2016
It’s up to the vaccination provider to put your vaccines on the AIR. It’s a good idea to remind them to do so.
Sources & Citations
- Australian Government. Department of Human Services. Immunisation History Statement. Available at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/immunisation-history-statement (accessed 20th April 2018).
- Australian Government. Department of Human Services. Getting you Immunisation History Statement. Available at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/online-help/medicare/getting-your-immunisation-history-statement-using-your-medicare-online-account (accessed 20th April 2018).
- Australian Department of Human Services. About the Australian Immunisation Register. Available at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/about-australian-immunisation-register/40236 (accessed 12 June 2018)
SPANZ.SAPAS.18.05.0198a - Date of preparation May 2018Show All